Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Videos

2009 iMac, OSX 10.9.1, iPhoto 9.5.1

Do I have this right?

Photo Stream does not handle videos.

Photo Stream does sync through the cloud from iPhone to iPhoto and I do not have to do anything to get photos pemanently into iPhoto. These photos are permanently stored under Photo Stream for that month. They are erased after a month in the cloud but still stay on my iPhone and iPhoto.

To get videos into iPhoto from my iPhone I have to connect my iPhone to my iMac with the USB cable, select the videos, and click on "Import Selected."

When my iPhone is connected and I choose it in devices, it shows a lot of photos and videos. Some of them are labelled Already Imported. There are a lot labelled New Photos. I think some of these are already imported but I think I see some that I can't find anywhere else in iPhoto. So do I import all these New Photos? I think I did that once and got a bunch of duplicated photos.

It looks like there are photos in ICloud in Photo Stream that are not in this month's Photo Stream under Photos and may not be in these New Photos when I click on my device. I don't understand that at all.

I thought I had iPhoto 11. It says in About I have 9.5.1. I can't find iPhoto 11 in the app store but there are tutorials for iPhoto 11. I see references to iPhoto11 in these discussion pages. I did a reinstall of 10.9. Did I lose my iPhoto 11? I am really confused about this! I checiked on new software and there is no notice of iPhoto 11 there. I am pretty sure I bought iPhoto 11 at one point. What can I do?

Please help!

Thank you

Carl

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iPhone 5s Parallels Win7 iPadR TC

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:35 PM

Photo Stream does sync through the cloud from iPhone to iPhoto and I do not have to do anything to get photos pemanently into iPhoto. These photos are permanently stored under Photo Stream for that month. They are erased after a month in the cloud but still stay on my iPhone and iPhoto.

Only if you choose the Automatic import feature in the iPhoto preferences

the latest version of iPhoto '11 is version 9.5.1 so you have iPhoto '11

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2014 3:35 PM in response to Carl Sutherland

Only if you choose the Automatic import feature in the iPhoto preferences

the latest version of iPhoto '11 is version 9.5.1 so you have iPhoto '11

LN

Importing Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.