Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transferr music from my CDs that I downloaded to the I-tune library on my computer onto my I-pad?

I down loaded my CDs onto HP desk top I-tunes library and would like to transfer them onto my I-pad. How do I do this?

iPad, Download music from I-tunes library

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:53 PM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2014 6:30 AM in response to Mistified006

Hello there, Mistified006.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some great information on how to sync content to your iPad:

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1296

The following section might be particularly useful:

Syncing manually

If you prefer not to automatically sync music content to your device, you can set up manual syncing. If you want to manually manage your content with more than one computer and your device, see this article.

1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Click the device button in the upper right corner. (If you are viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper right corner. The device button will then be visible.)
  3. In the main iTunes browser window, select the Summary tab.
  4. Select the option to "Manually manage music and videos" or "Manually manage music." This will deselect the automatic sync settings for the Music, Movies, and TV Shows tabs.
  5. Click Apply.

After following the steps above, you can add individual songs, videos, and playlists from iTunes to your device. To add content to your device:

1. Select your device.
  2. Click "On this Device".
  3. Then choose "Add to" in the upper right corner.
    While viewing the media in your iTunes Library, if you drag a song, video, TV show, or movie a sidebar will show up on the right. You can drag content onto the device. You can also create and modify playlists directly on the device.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

How do I transferr music from my CDs that I downloaded to the I-tune library on my computer onto my I-pad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.