Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Rendering error 3 Compressor crash

Hello all,

brand new on the forum here and have a problem i can't seem to figure out. trying to export a 35 min docu dram off my computer 2.2 i7 macbook pro 8 gig ddr ram os x 10.9.1. I shot the footage on cannon 5d mark ii, all video is rendered and and color graded. whenever i try to export out of fcp it" unexpectedly quits" regardless of codec chosen. so i send to compresor and then run into video rendering error 3. if anyone knows what this means or has a work around or anything that can help it would be hugely helpful. i am four days away from a deadline on a two year project and cant get fcp or compressor to get the finished thing out.

help?

please?

help.

Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:58 PM

7 replies

Sep 17, 2017 10:58 AM in response to Smoke Signal Media

Im working on what the true cause of this error is and am in the process of reaching out to apple about it. The one work around I've found that will at least work to get your projects out of FCPX with the compressor settings you want is to create a compressor setting in FCPX from Compressor and export it from FCPX using the compressor setting instead of sending it to compressor from FCPX and then going through compressor. If you only use FCPX to export and not the send to compressor function, it will export ok and in the codec you want it to be. For now thats the only way I've been able to get my .264s and .m2vs out of FCPX to burn on to disc. And they fail randomly, i'm still trying to find the pattern to see what the cause is. Hope this helps!

T

Sep 17, 2017 7:55 PM in response to Smoke Signal Media

There are two correct ways to work around this, but the true reason for the error is one of the clips in your project needed Final Cut Pro to be open in order to render it before the compression. This can be after you render the entire project as well. I manually rendered my project and after chose send to compressor and it still failed but I then chose send to compressor and left Final Cut and the project library open while it compressed and I had only successful batches. The other work around is to create a compressor setting and add it to the Final Cut Pro share options. This way you still get the codec and settings you want from compressor but Final Cut Pro does the compression during the export. Either way works but the reason for the renderer error in the first place is Final Cut being closed after choosing send to compressor. Hope this helps!

T

May 12, 2014 1:42 AM in response to Smoke Signal Media

Had the same problem, here is what you could do, highlight the project in timeline

To prepare to send, then go to "file" share master file' once share is completed should

Automatically be a mov. File,

Select destination on your computer, Send.

Find movie in your destination folder then either burn, convert as needed.

This worked for myself. I tried everything before and was also getting error 3.

Give it a try. Good luck. Mark.

Video Rendering error 3 Compressor crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.