Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access my iCloud account because my primary email is dead. I want to change my ID for the one associated with my current email address.

I can't verify my icloud account because the email associated with it got deleted in a messup by the email provider. I made a new ID with another email address, but I don't seem to know how to set it as my iCloud account. Apple insist on asking me a password for my old account, I enter it, but it says it is incorrect. I have tried to fix it, and apple knows it is there as it appear on the list of apple ID's, but doesn't recognice the password and when I try to reset the password it gets me to my new account, which needs no resetting.

All I want is to get rid of that old account and replace it with my new one in order to use the cloud, but it seems I am stuck with a non funtioning user ID. I have tried everything there is on this pages, but nothing works.

Please, tell me, step by step, how can I remove the old user ID from the icloud account for good and replace it with my new ID on all my devices.

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 5:05 PM

7 replies

Jan 1, 2014 5:51 PM in response to YaoVosit

Welcome to the Apple community Yao.

If you mean that Find My Phone is asking for a password to a different Apple ID to your current Apple ID.

This feature has been introduced to make stolen phones useless to those that have stolen them.

However it can also arise when the user has changed their Apple ID details with Apple and not made the same changes to their iCloud account/Find My Phone on their device before upgrading to iOS 7, or if you restore from a previous back up made before you changed your details.

The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID using your current password, you don’t need access to this address if it’s previously been used with your Apple ID, once you have saved these details enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off "find my phone" and delete the account from your device.

You should then change your Apple ID back to its current state, save it once again and then log back in using your current Apple ID. Finally, turn "find my phone" back on once again.

This article provides more information about Activation Lock.

Jan 1, 2014 6:52 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for your answer.

Could you provide step by step instructions? I don't understand 'change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple using your current password'. How do I do that? What details do I have to save? How do I delete the other account from my three devices?

I don't want to mess it up even more as I've tried everything to the best of my knowledge. What I want is precise instructions on how to do the thing.

Figure that I change everything back, BUT I have no password for the old stuck account, if I change everything back then it is going to ask me for that password I don't know and the only way to retrieve it is via the dead account that is 'dead'.

Thank you.

Jan 1, 2014 7:18 PM in response to Winston Churchill

The icloud feature is constantly asking for a password I provide but it doesn't recognize. That account is under another Apple ID, an old one I tried to delete as I couldn\t get into that email account since it got deleted on a hotmail messup. I try to retrieve that password, but the account is dead, there's no way I can get it.

Simple: I got an Iphone, I opened an ID account with an email address that doesn't exist anymore. That was the only place to retrieve my password, and it is dead. I tried to make a new ID, but the cloud feature got stuck with the old ID. When I try the password on it it doesn't recognize it, I try to get back my password, but apple is sendeng the email to the dead email account. I try to reset that old account, but apple keeps sending me links to reset the new ID one. And I'm getting a pop up window asking me for that password on my three devices with the old ID and I can't delete it, change it, get another password for it... and it has contaminated all my devices with that request.

I don't know how to fix it. It seems it doesn't have a way to deal with it but a vicious circle.

I can't access my iCloud account because my primary email is dead. I want to change my ID for the one associated with my current email address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.