Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new late 2013 15 rMBP annoying screen issue...

Two weeks into ownership wiping my display before closing the lid I noticed that there was one irritating spec that would simply not wipe away with the cloth no matter what i did. Taking a closer look I realized that there was a tiny fissure like anomaly in the screen with a couple of blank white pixels. I then read about pixel explosion but it seems uncommon among the newer late 2013 15 inch retinas. So I took it to the genius bar today and he took a look at it, left me alone while he "inspected" for a few minutes. He came back, took my case off of the computer and informed me they were going to go ahead and replace the screen. The time estimation is 3-5 days... I believe my computer had a Samsung display, will they use another Samsung screen? Whats the difference between Samsung and LG if there is any being used on the late 2013 models? Does this issue occur a lot in the newer 15 inch retinas? How often? Could it occur once again? It wasn't a HUGE deal but once you've seen something on that screen it just can't be unseen :/

Also, is there a limit to how many times I can have anything repaired or looked at on my computer while protected under the 1st year warranty or additional two years with Apple Care like there is on iPhones? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, 15 inch

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 5:20 PM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2014 6:33 PM in response to lordjozik

lordjozik wrote:

Also, is there a limit to how many times I can have anything repaired or looked at on my computer while protected under the 1st year warranty or additional two years with Apple Care

Not that I'm aware of. You might ask the Apple Store when you pick up your rMBP after repair.

I have a mid-2012 rMBP 15" that has had only 1 repair since purchase. New screen like yours only mine was due to image retention issues. The original screen was an LG. The new one is a Samsung. So, you're at the mercy of Apple as to which brand replacement you get.

Brand new late 2013 15 rMBP annoying screen issue...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.