Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off closed captions on hbogo on ipad

I have HBOGo through Comcast. As soon as I start watching a movie the closed captioning is on. Press the CC button and nothing happens. I've just set up airplay on the ipad with a pioneer receiver, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I have ipad selected on that. Is there a way to disable closed captioning either on the ipad or on hbogo? I have IOS 7.0.4.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 5:54 PM

17 replies

Jun 13, 2014 6:41 PM in response to robgrish

Ok this is a problem I was also having I found that the problem was actually very simple and easy to fix apparently the audio and video in settings will put captions on everything if you select auto or your language go to setting > video & audio > subtitle language and just turn it off the captions will go away then you can set manual caption controls from the actual caption option in settings > general > accessibility > once you see the accessibility screen you should see an option called accessibility menu turning this on will allow you to pull up captions by pressing and holding the menu button allowing you to not have to stop your movie or show to turn the captions back on later as this will bring the caption settings up right in what ever app it is that you are using hope this was helpful please feel free to PM me I always have time for problem solving and have been left with a lot of free time on my hands enjoy and good day/night to you all.

Apr 30, 2015 11:10 PM in response to robgrish

This is how I got rid of subtitles using HBO Now on my ipad. Tap the screen during the video. On the bottom of the screen, the play/pause icon, the line that shows where you are in the show (sorry don't know what that's called) will appear and in the far right bottom corner there will also be a tiny word bubble (whatever you call the bubbles that show what people are saying in comic books.) Press that.

turn off closed captions on hbogo on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.