Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After a reset of settings on IPad2 it turns "on" but i only get to the logo screen with the progress bar under it. so it turns on to logo then to progress bar screen then off. and repeats over and over

Well as I said in the "question", I did a reset of the settings on my IPad2. however when it powered back on from resetting. it lets the the logo screen with the progress bar under it. The progress bar gets about 1/4 of an inch from the left then stops. After a few mins Ipad shuts off then turns on to the logo screen, then goes to the logo/progress bar screen, does whats said above, then off. That cycle just repeats over and over. Any help with this would be appreciated.

iPad 2, Has an older IOS never updated it.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 8:53 PM

28 replies

Jan 1, 2014 9:31 PM in response to ngarmyguy07

Recovery Mode Step by Step

1. Hold Sleep/Wake button down and slide to turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTune (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTune and plug.

5. Release Home button.

On Computer

6. iTune has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTune.

7. iPad Recovery Mode on computer screen

8. Select "Restore iPad"...

9. Select "Restore and Update"

10. Extracting Software.

11. Preparing iPad for restore.

12. Waiting for iPad.

13. Verifying iPad restore...

14.Restoring iPad software.

15. Verifying iPad software.

16. Verifying iPad Restore...

17. Restoring iPad firmware...

18. Your iPad is restored to factory settings; keep iPad connected to computer

19. Activate iPad

20. Enter Apple ID and Password

21. Continue

22. Welcome to Your New iPad

(a) Set up as new iPad (b) Restore from this backup (select from list of backups)

23. Restore from this backup

24. Continue

25. Restoring iPad from backup

26. The settings of your iPad have been restore; keep iPad connected to computer

27. Syncing iPad (Step 1 to 5)

28. Preparing apps to sync

29. Copying 1 of 9

30. Sync apps, movies and music to iPad

31. Finishing syncing

32. Eject iPad

Jan 1, 2014 9:41 PM in response to Diavonex

i can hold in power and the home button but the power off slider does not appear. I assume because the ipad wont turn on right? With that being said i did hold them in together til screen went black. pulled up itunes then plugged in the ipad while the home button was pressed in. had it pressed down for a couple mins and it does not go into recovery mode.

Jan 1, 2014 9:54 PM in response to ngarmyguy07

How to: Force your iDevice into recovery mode.

1. Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.

2. Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.

3. Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.

When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

4. iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

5. Use iTunes to restore your device.

If you don't see your device in iTunes, follow these steps for Mac or these for Windows.

After a reset of settings on IPad2 it turns "on" but i only get to the logo screen with the progress bar under it. so it turns on to logo then to progress bar screen then off. and repeats over and over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.