Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erasing disk

I've tried to erase my disk using disk utility but before i could reinstall the operating system, my macbook air restarted. now whenever i try to switch it on, theres nothing there. what do i do now? please help!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 10:41 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Hold Command and R keys while your Mac is starting up to start up in OS X Recovery, and reinstall OS X. This is the main advantage of OS X Mavericks: you do not need any DVD to reinstall OS X.

If you cannot start up in OS X Recovery, hold Command, Option (Alt) and R keys while your Mac is starting up to start up in Internet Recovery. All Late 2010 and newer MacBooks Air support this mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2014 10:41 PM in response to nadzabdullah

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Hold Command and R keys while your Mac is starting up to start up in OS X Recovery, and reinstall OS X. This is the main advantage of OS X Mavericks: you do not need any DVD to reinstall OS X.

If you cannot start up in OS X Recovery, hold Command, Option (Alt) and R keys while your Mac is starting up to start up in Internet Recovery. All Late 2010 and newer MacBooks Air support this mode.

erasing disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.