Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing New Playlist

Hi,

So I've got a playlist that a friend of mine exported for me from his computer and his iTunes and e-mailed it to me. However, because I already had some of the songs that were on his playlist that he just sent me, only those are showing up on my computer using the playlist I imported that he sent me.I know there are a heck of a lot more songs on this playlist he sent me that I would like to see in iTunes. How can I make this happen if at all possible? Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 12:26 AM

5 replies

Jan 2, 2014 8:05 AM in response to the fiend

Perhaps I didn't explain this good enough, I'm sorry. I didn't ask my friend for their playlist thinking I would get the physical song file; I am aware of that. That's not my intention. I was only wanting to use their playlist as a reference even if I don't have the song.

So, back to my original question. I already have several songs that was on the playlist they sent me. Only those songs showed up when I imported their playlist. What I am asking is, is there a way I can import all the playlist data into iTunes & have all of the other info (i.e: titles, artists, etc...) appear as well even if I may not already have the majority of the songs based upon the titles in the playlist that was sent to me.

Again, I know I am not going to get the actual songs this way, I'm only using my friend's playlist as a reference. I hope this makes better sense now. Sorry for the confusion.

Jan 2, 2014 8:30 AM in response to jmitunes

jmitunes wrote:

So, back to my original question. I already have several songs that was on the playlist they sent me. Only those songs showed up when I imported their playlist.

You're lucky any of the songs showed up at all. Many ways that iTunes exports playlists would have required that your versions of the files were on exactly the same path that they were on his machine.

What I am asking is, is there a way I can import all the playlist data into iTunes & have all of the other info (i.e: titles, artists, etc...) appear as well even if I may not already have the majority of the songs based upon the titles in the playlist that was sent to me.

No. iTunes only imports entries from a playlist when it finds the track referenced in the list.

tt2

Importing New Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.