Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to stream HD Itunes purchases via home sharing

Setup:

48 port gigabit switch

Synology 411j 3.5gb raid 5 networked storage

Primary share computer - 3770k, 32gb ram, 120 and 240gb SSD, 7850 2gb graphics, win 7 ultimate fully patched, hooked to a 1280x1024 and a 1080p sharp

Devices sharing:

1. Apple TV 3 - only glitches here are sometimes the movies fail to buffer, reselecting until I see the white buffer line move fixes it all other content works flawlessly

2. Computer 1 - 920 i7, 32gb, 60 and 240 gb SSD, 6990ati, hooked to a sharp 1080p - won't play any itunes HD downloads, note when I have itunes access the materials directly and not thru the home sharing the files play flawlessly

3. Same as above same issues

Note I have the most up to date itunes too, so is this a flaw? It seems that the home shared primary computer is the one it's doing the hdcp check on and I don't leave those monitors on.

Things I'm going to try today.

1. Leave the monitor on and see if that fixes it

2. Install a 1080p monitor as the primary and get rid of the low resolution monitor

Other thoughts?

Itunes-OTHER, Windows 7, Provided above

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 4:22 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to stream HD Itunes purchases via home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.