Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my home address that the iphone notification pull down uses

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 7:18 AM

I don't see any addresses in mine. That being said, the only place I can think of where it would be coming from would be the contact card marked as "You" ("Me" when you look at it). Check in there.

12 replies

Jan 2, 2014 8:30 AM in response to AmishCake

Well when I pull down the notification center and click on the today tab it shows birthdays then weather then how long it will take to drive home. I am moving and want to change this. If you click on it it opens apple maps but I can't find on there how to change it. I have my correct info in the contacts under me. I have change my address in my Apple ID account too.

Aug 31, 2014 3:21 PM in response to mojo7877

Hi there, I am having the same problem.

In the notifications pull-down screen it tells me "Right now, it would take you about 2 hours and 43 minutes to drive home". I can tap on that to bring up the route in the Maps app - but of course the location is not where I live, and it is not what is listed in my contact in the Contacts app.

The location it thinks I live at happens to be place that I was temporarily renting for three months - and (more importantly) where I had to have a power adaptor for a MacBook Pro delivered to me. This leads me to suspect that the address it is using is not controlled by what is listed in under 'me' in my contacts, but is overridden by some address set by apple itself somewhere.

I checked my iCloud account, my apple store account and all are set to other things - so it's not them.. At best it was a delivery address for one case for one support issue - so I am not sure how it could now be my default "home" without any ability for me to change it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Aug 31, 2014 7:43 PM in response to SpiceWeasel

Actually, if I understand it correctly, and you might want to research this a little more, it determines this address based on the amount of time you spend at a place and how often you go there. That is also how it determines the work address. It has to do with the home address and how often you go somewhere else. I have read where if you go to a place daily, that it "learns" that as your work address, even if it isn't. I'm not sure where to make changes to that information, but I'm looking again.

Aug 3, 2015 8:06 AM in response to mojo7877

If it is the same as the one Siri uses, just go to settings – General – Siri and at the bottom it says "Me". Click on the arrow to the right and select the contact in your phone book that has your home address in it.

It works fine in the U.S. and the Netherlands but even with a valid address, or putting a pin in the map and using that method to add a new contact for my home address in Thailand ( and probably a lot of other places too) doesn't work. It thinks I live in a rice paddy 23km NW of the city where I actually live next to a rice paddy, 4 km due east of the city.

I guess the location on that is done by post code and there's only one for about 50 km2. Even in the U.S. It pinpoints my location within meters of my address even though the zip code covers a few blocks.

I wish there was a way to set your location by Gps coordinates, or at least in the Apple maps that seems to try to convert the coordinates to a ( in the case of Thailand) a non existent address. I can't find my address by typing it in on maps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.