Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes store album art not showing on most albums

Here is a screenshot User uploaded file

does anyone know why it appears like this?

have kapersky intenet security could that be it?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 4:46 AM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2014 4:09 PM in response to Badman88

Same problem here, looks exactly like your screenshot. I have Kaspersky, too, and your post got me thinking.

I closed iTunes, then disabled Kaspersky temporarily by Right Clicking on the Kaspersky icon in the system tray (the little 'K' icon at the bottom right in Windows 7/8) then on the pop-up menu I clicked 'Pause Protection' and chose to disable it for about 5 minutes just to see if it worked.

It worked like a charm. To test it, disable Kaspersky then load iTunes.

The culprit (as far as my setup is concerned) is the 'Anti Banner' feature, but this may not be the same on yours. To disable that, load the Kaspersky application, then go to 'Settings', then 'Anti Banner' and uncheck the 'Enable Anti Banner' box and 'Apply' the changes. Then reload iTunes.

Hope this helps.

Mar 9, 2014 6:51 AM in response to Count Kaboom

Thanks, Count Kaboom! You're the only answer I found in my Apple/Google searches.

I just installed iTunes on my laptop, same problem as Badman88, except I have zero cover art on the Store albums. I too have Kaspersky Anti-Virus with Anti-Banner turned on. Since it's a group policy, I can't test the solution, but at least I'll stop trying to fix the issue via iTunes preferences. Cheers.

Mar 21, 2014 12:51 PM in response to Badman88

Thanks for your posts guys or girls I have found the solution and will work I promise it was to do with Kaspersky after all, Here is how I done it after alot of working out and restoring my laptop to factory settings, I reinstalled things slowly to work out which program was causing the issue and bingo it was Kaspersky after sometime researching the internet on how to do it i found the solution! 🙂

Right click Kaspersky icon in the bottom right hand corner of your system icons,

goto settings

click the 4th tab (looks like a box)

the tab "Threats and Exclusions"

then at the bottom under title "Exclusions" click settings

then click tab "Trusted Applications"

and add

then applications

then just type itunes

under Apple Inc,

click itunes then ok it,

then tick the box "do not scan network traffic"

then ok everything and back out.

I personally restarted my laptop and didnt test without restarting so up to you guys if you do or don't

tested itunes after restart and bingo problem solved. 😉

itunes store album art not showing on most albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.