Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i remove certain apps, my photos, email account etc from my iphone 4s, will it delete them from my iphone 5s?

Hi. I have an iPhone 4s which I am going to give to a relative, because I have bought myself an iphone 5s. So I need to take off some of the apps, photos, email etc that include my information etc. If I take them off my 4s, will they still be kept on the 5s? (I have backed my 5s up on my laptop). I mean once I take the sim out, all my txts, etc will disappear anyway won't they? We live in different countries. I want to keep it as part of my itunes account tho, as she doesn't have the internet where she is. So when I see her again, I can just update it etc by using my itunes. Plus by keeping it on my account, all the apps I have will stay on the 4s, and she can just delete what she doesnt want when she gets the phone. Any help would be appreciated, as she is wanting the phone asap. Thanks 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:01 AM

Each phone can be set up separately.

If you are giving away your device, see what to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also check this article again:

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Texts are not stored on the SIM. You should set up the phone as new device to get rid of all personal info.

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2014 6:01 AM in response to pw74

Each phone can be set up separately.

If you are giving away your device, see what to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also check this article again:

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Texts are not stored on the SIM. You should set up the phone as new device to get rid of all personal info.

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

Jan 3, 2014 8:53 PM in response to pw74

Thanks for that. So Now I was wondering - if I reset the whole iphone 4s as stated above, does the new owner need a computer to create an itunes account? Or can it be done on the iphone? She doesnt have a computer/internet, but I figured once she has the fone connected with data or goes to public wifi, can she just create an account by using the iphone? Then she can install her own apps etc. And then in a few mths time, can I plug "her" iphone into my itunes and put some of my music on it? Or can she only use her own itunes account? Sorry to be a pain. Thanks again

Jan 4, 2014 2:11 AM in response to pw74

An iTunes account can also be created on an iDevice, check this article:

iTunes: How to set up an iTunes Store account (Apple ID)

You can only sync to one computer at a time. Every time you switch the computer and try to syc, iTunes will erase the phone and replace the content with the one from the iTunes library on the computer.

And you can only play bought media from iTunes on devices that are authorized with the same iTunes account.

You can sync music you imported from CD's.

In your case it would be best to create a new user account in Windows and set up iTunes with her account info. That way no media and other data can be mixed up and you can sync the phone without problems. If you just want to add music without syncing other media as apps for example, check this article:

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

If i remove certain apps, my photos, email account etc from my iphone 4s, will it delete them from my iphone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.