Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have accidentally downloaded invisibliX and stupidly dragged my Applications folder from my dock to where it says "Drop"

When I was downloading "invisibiliX" to unhide my "Library" file to access program files, when I opened "invisibliX", it said "Drop", so I dragged the "Applications" folder into there... I managed to put it back on th dock, but it was empty. Please help me.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:52 AM

There are two Applications folder: /Applications (in the root level of the hard drive) and ~/Applications (in your home folder). You hid the first one and you have put the second one in the Dock. All applications are in /Applications unless you put them in ~/Applications manually.

To unhide /Applications, open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities) and type:

chflags nohidden /Applications

You will not be able to access to Terminal through the Finder, so try to use Launchpad. If you cannot, hold Command and S keys while your Mac is starting up, and type that command. Finally, type:

exit

And put the correct folder in the Dock.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2014 6:52 AM in response to maxmushroom

There are two Applications folder: /Applications (in the root level of the hard drive) and ~/Applications (in your home folder). You hid the first one and you have put the second one in the Dock. All applications are in /Applications unless you put them in ~/Applications manually.

To unhide /Applications, open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities) and type:

chflags nohidden /Applications

You will not be able to access to Terminal through the Finder, so try to use Launchpad. If you cannot, hold Command and S keys while your Mac is starting up, and type that command. Finally, type:

exit

And put the correct folder in the Dock.

I have accidentally downloaded invisibliX and stupidly dragged my Applications folder from my dock to where it says "Drop"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.