Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Retina sometimes not charging and vibrating

Hi there,

I have bought one of the latest Macbooks with 13" Retina Display a month ago.

There are two problems and I tried to find a solution here in the community but there were too many answers that did not really help anybody so I hope somebody has solutions:

The Macbook has a vibration when it is charging. I hate it. Also my external hard drives and my ipod are vibrating when they are connected to the Macbook when it is charging. I know that some people love Apple in this community and answer "just deal with it, some feel it, some do not feel it." But from my point of view, I do not feel good when I pay 1500€ for a laptop that is somehow not correctly isolated or whatever. Also I am not willing to always use the long big charger (some people gave this as a solution). I like the small one.

I can deal with the vibration. But the question is:

- Will the vibration decrease the lifespan of my Macbook, my external hard drive, my ipod?

Quick and simple: I have to plug in the charger at least 3 times until the Macbook is charging. I mean: I connect the charger with the Macbook. No LED. When I click on the battery symbol with the mouse, it says that the Macbook "runs with external power supply, the battery is not charging" (translated to English so maybe not the correct wording). I repeat that a couple of times. Then it works.

I think it is unacceptable that always when I want to charge the Macbook, I have to plug it in, hope for the light to appear. Do it again. And so on.

The questions are:

- Are others also having this problem with the new Macbook Pros?

- Is that a reason to get a new charger, a new Macbook? Does anybody have experience with returning it for maintenance or whatever?

Thank you!

Josch

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:45 AM

There are no replies.

MBP Retina sometimes not charging and vibrating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.