Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.9 macPro couldn't access HardDisk

First I had a problem with booting using a flash USB & DVD. Every time I failed . I make repair for system partion but the problem still there

Finally i decide to remove the HD n installed OSX 10.9 in anther macPro after i finish i returned into my macPro.. Noe cannot access OSX but i could access Windows normally.

Note : when i press ALT during booting it shows me two option 1.osx 2.windows

I NEED HELP??

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:54 AM

4 replies

Jan 2, 2014 8:27 AM in response to MichaelMccain

Disk Utility (Repair Disk) should correctly be called "Repair Directory" It does not even Read any blocks in the data area. You drive could have serious problems and still get "No problems found" from Disk Utility.

It sounds like your drive is the issue. I recommend you buy a new drive and install from scratch on the new drive. Then you can use the full power of Mac OS X to work on the old drive at your leisure.

If you are running Windows on your Mac, remember that it is a guest. if you use any Windows Utilities to re-partition or re-size Disk Volumes, it clobbers the Mac OS X Partition Map, and your Mac OS X partition is left inaccessible.

Jan 2, 2014 8:38 AM in response to MichaelMccain

Backups. Multiple redundant sets - for both Windows and Mac, and that you can and have tested and insure your backup set works and can if needed restore when (not if) needed. Some testing before disaster strikes.

Don't mention what you have in that department. Whether you were able to get into Recovery Mode Partition - it didn't show up so I assume you may not even have one.

Did you do this?

How to make your own bootable OS X 10.9 Mavericks USB install drive

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/10/how-to-make-your-own-bootable-os-x-10-9-mav ericks-usb-install-drive/

OSX 10.9 macPro couldn't access HardDisk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.