Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does iTunes not remember path to wd my book

I have a WD My Book Live networked hard drive. Everytime I turn on itunes i have to reset the connaction from iTunes to the hard drive as it always defaults back to the previously set location for the library. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 8:38 AM

Is the exernal drive on and mounted on your computer when you launch iTunes? If not, then iTunes will default back to the normal location when launched and you'll need to quit iTunes, mount the drive, and relaunch iTunes with the Option key held down so you can reselect the external location.

If the drive is mounted before you launch iTunes and it is still defaulting back to the internal drive, post back and someone can probably offer suggestions.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2014 8:38 AM in response to Jennie Shaw

Is the exernal drive on and mounted on your computer when you launch iTunes? If not, then iTunes will default back to the normal location when launched and you'll need to quit iTunes, mount the drive, and relaunch iTunes with the Option key held down so you can reselect the external location.

If the drive is mounted before you launch iTunes and it is still defaulting back to the internal drive, post back and someone can probably offer suggestions.

Regards.

why does iTunes not remember path to wd my book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.