Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP mid 2010 increases CPU stress when running via battery

Hey,

I've got a MBP mid 2010 that suffered from a little bit of water damage a while ago. Its all still working fine when plugged in, only slightly slower than new. However when its unplugged it effectively overpowers itself. Its hard to describe, but its as if it decides to put full stress/load on all cores at once even when idle. Is there any solution to this (if what I've said makes sense)? Even if it mean, for example, the logic board needs replacing then I'd like to hear.

I can provide any more info you need,

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Water Damage, Increased Stress Load

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply
6 replies

Jan 28, 2014 2:00 PM in response to andyBall_uk

Hi andy, apologies for the very delayed response. It turns out that Kernel_task was taking up too much CPU, so went into the Resources in Extensions in the System library (cant remember the exact file path, but will dig it out if needed) and deleted the corresponding .plist file (MacbookPro8_1) andits running perfectly now! Thank you for all your help!

MBP mid 2010 increases CPU stress when running via battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.