You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i disable swipe to go back a page in safari for the iphone.

I accidentally swipe and go back a page way too often and very frustrating when you have a whole page of info you just typed in and it all disappears when you accidentally swipe and you go back a page. Very annoying!!!

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2017 11:46 AM

Go to Settings

Go to General

Go to Accessibility

Go to Switch Control

Go to Recipes

Go to "Turn Pages"

There will be various "switches" listed there, such as "left to right swipe." Swipe right and delete those.

7 replies

Mar 13, 2014 7:08 PM in response to TheMaddJapper

I too would like to know how to do this in that I hate this feature. Trying to read something and swiping left and right just interrupt what you are doing because you bed up leaving the page. One thing I hated about Google chrome which I woulda used as my default browse had it not been for that annoying feature. Now safari adopted it and I hate it. I can't seem to find a way to disable it. If you can't, is there another browser in App Store that doesn't do that. I know there is opera mini browser out there, but it is a simple browser that disables some scripts, so I don't want that either. Help!

Mar 20, 2014 7:23 AM in response to TheMaddJapper

I have this same problem! I use a secured server that won't let you go forward once you go back and leave the page. Because it was designed for a real full sized screen so I have to zoom in to read it. So as I go left to read things it is always going back and logging me out. Every update seems to just make my iPhone worse and less intuitive and easy to use. What's up with that apple? Not that they even care.

How do i disable swipe to go back a page in safari for the iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.