Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you connect a simple 4 track mixer to an iPad to use on GarageBand?

Me and my band want to record on my iPad and we want it to sound good. We have a phonic 410 powered mixer (& speakers). Wondering what we would need to be able to do that. Thank you!

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 12:04 PM

If it's a mixer with USB then you could go from USB to the Camera Connection Kit into the iPad. If no USB connectivity with the mixer, you would need to have something like an Apogee Jam interface which would allow you to run a cable from the mixer into the Apogee Jam and from it to the iPad. This is what I do and it works well as long as you're careful not to boost your mixer output volume too much, going to the interface.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 12:04 PM in response to TheIntrepids

If it's a mixer with USB then you could go from USB to the Camera Connection Kit into the iPad. If no USB connectivity with the mixer, you would need to have something like an Apogee Jam interface which would allow you to run a cable from the mixer into the Apogee Jam and from it to the iPad. This is what I do and it works well as long as you're careful not to boost your mixer output volume too much, going to the interface.

How do you connect a simple 4 track mixer to an iPad to use on GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.