Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod touch screen reacts sporadically, how can I fix this?

Hi my ipod touch screen works sporatically. It reacts spacticaly. When I use the keypad it will slowly react and get the letter and sometimes puts in the letter several times. I barely touch it and it reacts and then other times I have to wait seconds until it will react. What can I do to fix this?

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 10:55 AM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2014 10:56 AM in response to jankabroha

Try This First...

Close All Open Apps... Sign Out of your Account... Perform a Reset... Try again...

Reset ( No Data will be Lost )

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... ( But can take Longer...)

Release the Buttons...

If no joy...

Reset all settings

Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings.

This will return all iDevice settings to factory defaults... you will not lose any data.... But you will have to re-enter all of the device settings.

Jan 2, 2014 10:57 AM in response to jankabroha

Periodically double click the home button and close all the apps in the recently used dock. Then power off and then back on the iPod. This frees up memory.

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

my ipod touch screen reacts sporadically, how can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.