Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to contact icloud locked iPhone owner

Recently I found an iPhone in a taxi. It is not locked to carrier, not marked as lost or stolen (checkMED checked). I would like to return it back but i do not know how. Probably it is deleted as it is not activated and reguires the iCloud password. Only the first letter and the mail provider name is shown.

Is there a way to send a message to the owner to get in touch with him? I do not need his e-mail. I suppose Apple is not allowed to give me someone's personal information like e-mail address.

When I tell someone from apple can they contact the owner and tell him where his iPhone is and ask him if he will come to pick it up?

Thank for the reply.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 10:47 AM

8 replies

Jan 2, 2014 11:21 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Won't they take it from me when I do so? If I fail to contact the owner, probably I will sell it for parts.

But I think it is not that complicated.

Surly APPLE see the owner contact when I give them the iPhone IMEI. Of course they cannot give me his mail. But why couldn't they contact him instead of me, give him my e-mail and if he wants to, he can communicate with me?

Do you know if these conversations are read by Apple workers? Probably I need a reply right from APPLE.

Jan 2, 2014 11:29 AM in response to Luke0626

And what will happen then?

Will they contact APPLE? The iPhone is not in their database. There is no one who reported this iPhone loss. I think they would store it into some storage, wait in case the owner notifies the police somewhere in the world and if not, ten years later they will kick it out.

Why should they bother with it when the iPhone is not reported as stolen? Rather I would solve it without police.

Jan 2, 2014 12:02 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Well, that is a though question it it is a theft. One thing is the constitution and the second one is the common sense.

'take it to police' are just into a field shooting arguments. I may go there and ask them what will they do. If they say they will keep it and wait, what do you thing is better?

To leave it at police station for unknown time or ask apple to let the owner know and solve it faster?

If I knew the police has the ability to find the owner, I would take it there but this is something what no one has confirmed yet. Probably I will contact them and ask.

Apr 8, 2014 6:25 AM in response to antprochazka

I just found a locked iPhone too... in my backyard. So technically it wouldn't be stealing and I could report the owner for littering!

On many iPhones Siri can be accessed from the lock screen, you could try the basics and hope for a hit.

For the device, when I had dried it a couple days (packed in rice), then charged it up, I got a "lost" message and a contact number so I was able to return it without a problem.

How to contact icloud locked iPhone owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.