Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple issues with Mavericks

Hello all,

I know i am not the first one but there are a lot of issues with Mavericks making computing at the moment quite painful.

Picture yourself a cheetah vading through 5 ft of mud - this is what´s happening after installing Mavericks. The Hdd is working constantly and the memory runs out also on a regular basis, Seagate hdd so should be alright some say but it´s not. Memory (went for the sneaky 4GB, but i can´t see why that shouldn´t be alright anyway) got a tip earlier using the memory clean program and it helps a bit but then the whole thing all of a sudden involves labor like shoveling coal to keep the thing going.

Gmail is another one that doesn´t play ball forgets the password, asking for i 3 times every hour.

Any tips in how to make this less exhausting?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 12:18 PM

Figure out which software you have installed that is not compatible with Mavericks.

Look at Activity Monitor, both CPU and Memory, and see what programs or processes are out of control.

For Gmail, open Keychain Access and find all the password entries for Gmail. Delete them.

Start Mail and enter the password for Gmail. Hopefully, that will stop it asking.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2014 12:18 PM in response to Winston Stromboli

Figure out which software you have installed that is not compatible with Mavericks.

Look at Activity Monitor, both CPU and Memory, and see what programs or processes are out of control.

For Gmail, open Keychain Access and find all the password entries for Gmail. Delete them.

Start Mail and enter the password for Gmail. Hopefully, that will stop it asking.

Multiple issues with Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.