Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my primary account on iTunes from one computer to another computer?

I opened an iTunes account years ago when I had a Dell, and after the Dell crashed, I got a new Macbook and authorized the mac to play all my iTunes music and whatnot that I had bought on the Dell. I don't want this computer to just be "authorized", however. I would like to know how to set this mac as the primary computer so that I can then authorize 5 additional computers to play my music. Does anyone know how to do this or have a phone number for Apple to get in touch with someone who can do it for me? Thanks very much!

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 3:13 PM

Open iTunes on your Mac, click "iTunes Store" on the upper right, then click "Account" on the middle right. Sign in there. That will make the signed in account the "primary".

1 reply

How can I change my primary account on iTunes from one computer to another computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.