Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can apply borders to some cells, but not others.

The cells are of the same type, i.e., numbers, text, etc. There doesn't seem to be any pattern that would indicate a differentiation. (Why you couldn't apply a border to any cell seems a little ridiculous, so I assume that's not the problem.) I should think applying borders to cells would be a pretty basic feature of the application, and any "bugs" worked out long before version '09. Anyway, thanks for any help. (I couldn't find a similar thread in the search, so I do apologize if there is a duplicate I'm unaware of.)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 2:23 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2014 3:26 PM in response to TOSONA

Hi, are you talking about the cell border, or are you wanting to put a space between the cell border and the text?

If the first, you may be having problems because you are trying to apply a cell border change to a group of cells which have inconsistent borders to begin with. In this case I find it easiest to simply remove borders from the entire group, and then put in the borders that I want for the group. But you can also just go in and fix the ones that are wrong, by selecting only those cells (possibly one cell at a time) and making your change.

While you can do all of this with the controls on the Format Bar, you may find you have more control if you use Inspector - Table inspector (the yellow icon).

If the second, you are trying to add space betwen the cell border and its contents - like a mat between a picture frame and the picture ... go into Inspector - Text inspector and play with the Inset Margin for the cells. The caveat above still applies, that if you try to make a change to a group of cells which have different values to begin with you may not get complete results.

I can apply borders to some cells, but not others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.