Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seperating work and personal iphones

I need to seperate work and personal iphones

At the moment I have a work phone set up with my personal itunes account and a mix of work and personal contacts. I now have a personal iphone and need to get personal stuff off the work phone onto the new personal phone. I have set up a work itunes account and signed out of my personal one and into the work one on my work phone but the apps I downloaded with my personal account are still there - how do I transfer the apps I downloaded with my personal account onto my work phone onto my personal iphone?

Also I want to edit the contacts on both phones to remove the personal contacts from my work phone and the work contacts from my personal phone. There are hundreds of work e-mails so is there a fast, effective way of doing this either on the iphone or using itunes contacts on my laptop?

Thanks,

Rachel

iPhone 3G, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 2:40 PM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2014 2:50 PM in response to RHuxley

Oh, this is a messy question - like asking how to organize your closets - and then asking how to move your existing organization to fall into the new, correct one.

I can tell you the desired end state - your organization should look like two different people - you at work, and you at home. The "you at home" should have all your apps, personal contacts, music, etc. The "you at work" should have only your work related stuff.

You should do this by having two distinct copies of iTunes, probably under two different logins on at least one (if not two) computers.

How to move your existing comingled stuff into this end configuration is a more difficult issue.

Seperating work and personal iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.