Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay on MacBook Pro

I'm having trouble setting up AirPlay on my MacBook Pro (Retina 13" late 2012 model w/ Mavericks OS). My Apple TV is 3rd gen and I tried setting it up today but for some reason AirPlay isn't coming up on my MacBook Menu Bar. The MacBook and Apple TV are both connected to the same network, I've tried restarting both and I've made sure AirPlay is enabled on Apple TV. When I go to System Preferences > Displays (on my MacBook), it doesn't give me the option to turn on the AirPlay display (see attached image). I have no idea what to do. I don't understand why I can't enable AirPlay on my Mac seeing as I have that is compatible with Apple TV. Also, I have an iPhone 5 and AirPlay isn't showing up in the control centre either.

I've checked several forums already but none of the tips on them have worked (including the one about turning off the firewall).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 2:50 PM

5 replies

Jan 2, 2014 3:03 PM in response to ZsuzsannaK

Apple TV. Navigate to Settings -> iTunes Store and, if your Apple ID doesn’t appear next to the Apple ID entry in this screen, select Apple ID, press Select, and, as prompted, enter your user name and password.

Choose the option to save your password. Now return to the home screen, and select Computers. Press the remote’s Select button to view a screen where you’ll be asked if you’d like to turn on Home Sharing for this Apple TV with the Apple ID you entered in the iTunes Store screen. Select Yes and press the Select button.

If you still don’t see your iTunes library when you select Computers on the Apple TV, make sure that a copy of iTunes is running on your Mac.

Still no go? Ensure that your Apple TV and computer are on the same local network. Still nothing? Quit and relaunch iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1453?viewlocale=en_US

AirPlay on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.