Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much should I expect to sell Mac Pro 1,1 for?

I am looking to upgrade my computer and would like to sell my Mac Pro. I am going to first try Craigslist, then EBay. What should I ask for it? What Should I expect to recieve if I am lucky? Expect to recieve in reality?

Mac Pro 1,1

2x 2.66ghz Dual Core Xeon (4 cores)

6GB Memory

ATI Radeon X1900XT

4x 7200 RPM HDD - 250gb Seagate (factory drive), 500gb Seagate (ST3500320AS), 500gb WD Caviar Black, 1TB WD Caviar Black (2.25TB)

All original documentation, packaging, discs. Bluetooth keyboard and Magic Mouse. Clean, nearly dust free interior. A few very small blemishes on the outside.

Has a fresh install of OSX 10.6.8. Also would come with FCP7 and Adobe CS6 preloaded. Ran AHT and everything is good.

Mac2Sell says 1110 is what I should expect. Does this seem accurate?

Mac Pro quad-core 2.66 Radeon xt1900, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 4:26 PM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2014 4:54 PM in response to asbissonnett

eBay has a built-in "Reality Check":

Search for exactly what you are looking to buy or sell. keep refining with keywords until you are getting the things you want, plus less than about 10 percent wierd stuff.

Then check the checkbox in the sidebar that says" Completed Items". These are the sales and non-sales for about the last month. Sort by price.

The lowest priced items usually fell off a forklift or are "for parts, not working". Eventually, you get into real, working systems that are ugly, then ones that are okay. Make sure there were several bids.

If your auction goes badly, that may be what you get. If you make your item more attractive and appealing, then maybe you get more. On Craigs list, maybe you can do better by throwing in local delivery or something.

Jan 2, 2014 7:10 PM in response to asbissonnett

Grant's advice is sound, Mac2Sell's is grossly inflated. $1100 on eBay will likely get you a decent 2009 8-core box. I saw '06 Mac Pros for $400-500 on eBay earlier today.

It sounds like your system is well cared-for and has all the "goods" that a guy really should get when he buys, but nobody ever wants to pay for that stuff. You might get some extra for the drives, but what's harder to find these days, used HDDs or original software disks? I guess I'm saying the buyer pool is always cheap and often stupid. It might help to hype it as an editing system. Market it like it's unique and set a reserve you can live with...

good luck

How much should I expect to sell Mac Pro 1,1 for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.