Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I import I-life files into Adobe Premiere Pro CS4?

Okay, so not exactly an Apple question, but there are so many smart, helpful people on here, and the Adobe forum doesn' t seem very active. 🙂

I recently got Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (the movie editing software). I tried to import files from I-photo, but those folders wouldn't even open. Tried to import files from the movie folder, which were in .mpg format, but got a message that it is an incompatible format.

Those were just simple movie files taken with a small digital camera. Does anyone know how I could use this footage in Adobe Pro? I have access to other Adobe software as well, perhaps there is a way to convert the files? If I try to import something to Adobe from I-movie, should that work? Or from I-DVD? Also, is it possible, with Adobe or regular Mac software, to import regular DVD footage (that is not in form of a computer file, but just something that plays in your DVD player) or perhaps convert it into a computer file? I have some old VHS footage that was copied onto a DVD and would like to edit it, or at least have it on my computer as a file.

Also, if I can't use those files, are there any places on the internet where one can download some simple footage to try out in Adobe? I'm new to it, so I'm just trying to get some files together so I can try out how it works.

Lastly, if anyone knows of a good online tutorual for CS4. It's an older version, and on the Adobe site they only have tutorials for the newer one.

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4 GHZ Intel Core Duo 3GB RAM

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 5:16 PM

There are no replies.

Can I import I-life files into Adobe Premiere Pro CS4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.