Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPod Touch 5. It's iCloud-locked and I can't contact owner. How do I unlock it?

The question says it all. Please help. If i call Apple, can they unlock it remotely?

iPod touch, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:08 PM

5 replies

Aug 29, 2017 11:01 AM in response to AnaMusic

What if the previous owner is not available? I am 100% sure it is not a stolen device. My company purchased it for one of our reps - we have receipts, but it does not show the specific serial #. The rep quit & left the iPod, but didn't erase their info so it's locked. I have absolutely no way of contacting this person & now I'm stuck. Is there anything at all I can do to unlock it so I don't have to throw it away?

Jan 2, 2014 6:09 PM in response to Digitalography

No. Apple will not / can not assist you with this.

Digitalography wrote:

... If i call Apple, can they unlock it remotely?

The Apple ID and Password that was Originally used to Activate the iDevice is required.

If you cannot get this information from the seller

Removing a device from a previous owner’s account

you need to return the Device for a refund, as you will not be able to re-activate it.

I bought an iPod Touch 5. It's iCloud-locked and I can't contact owner. How do I unlock it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.