Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not accepting my password

I changed my Apple ID and Password. When I need to put in my new password for anything, it works. However, my iCloud is still using my old Apple ID, but when it asks me to sign in to iCloud, it will not accept the old password associated with that Apple ID or the new password. So I cannot sign into iCloud and apparently I can't change my iCloud email. I did go to the thing where I can use iCloud on my computer and it let me sign in using my new Apple ID and password. If I change my Apple ID back to the old one so they match will that resolve the problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:13 PM

Try going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iDevice, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2014 6:13 PM in response to mhurley16

Try going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iDevice, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Apr 20, 2014 5:32 AM in response to randers4

Hello randers4! I hope you can help me as I have been advised by Demo that you are very knowledgeable about iCloud.

I have had a similar problem to mhurley16 although with more prior issues too. My iCloud email and BT Yahoo email accounts stopped working on my ipad when at home about 2 weeks ago but when I visited my local Apple Store and used friends/family wi fi, they both work fine and my BT email is also fine on my PC. I have spent many, many hours trying to fix this problem as I use my ipad to check emails every day and therefore find this whole issue very frustrating to say the least! I have deleted and then added both email accounts to no avail - still fine on other wi fis - and today I noticed that the password in my iCloud account is shorter than the new one I set up a few weeks ago. I therefore deleted and then added again my iCloud email using my new password and all details were verified successfully, but when I checked my iCloud details again, it is showing the shorter one again. I also logged in to My Apple ID account and used my new password successfully so cannot understand why my iCloud password is not using the same one as I thought they were automatically linked via My Apple ID. I am now left wondering why these passwords are not the same, and whether this issue is the root cause of the problem of "cannot get mail" on my ipad? If you can shed some light on these - or if anyone else reading this can help - I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Apr 20, 2014 6:39 AM in response to lynndiane

Randers is the Best and in order to get his attention it might make sense to start new thread.

Before he comes thou, 1. Your problem is not with iCloud, but with your wifi. Try to restart your router and contact your ISP or router manufacturer. 2. Password is displaying different amount of digits for your protection and that is normal.

Good luck, and my apologies for interference.

Mar 29, 2015 4:03 AM in response to mhurley16

Hi,

I have changed Apple ID for Itunes etc but did not changed for Icloud.Later, deleted the old ID. But Icloud is showing the same old ID and asking for password to change find my phone off and restore to factory settings.

I have recreated another ID with same email id but still icloud is not accepting the new password with same email id nor it is accepting the password for other email currently used by Itunes etc.

i have downloaded find my phone app also.while logging into it with old apple id and password, it sys password is verified but icloud account is deactivated ?

what to do? i want to turn off icloud account. pls guide.

iCloud not accepting my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.