Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream Folders

Is there a way to transfer photo stream subfolders (not the main photostream folder) to my iphoto on my mac? Right now all 1000 pictures are transfered but I'd prefer that these sub/well-organized folders get transfered instead?

Here is a photo of what I trying to do - I want to transfer to my iphoto the one that are not titled "My Photostream" since they are orgnaized - can I do that? Or do I need to reorganize when they get to my mac' iphoto?

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 5:45 PM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2014 5:06 AM in response to idodge

Is there a way to transfer photo stream subfolders (not the main photostream folder) to my iphoto on my mac? Right now all 1000 pictures are transfered but I'd prefer that these sub/well-organized folders get transfered instead?

You mean, you want to transfer the Shared Photo Streams?

You should see them on your Mac, if the system on your Mac is compatible with iCloud and you are using the same AppleID on your Mac as on yor iPhone.

What are the systems? Is your signature "iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3" still current? And what is the iPhoto version and the MacOS X version on your Mac?

See this support article: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

iCloud: Using and troubleshooting Shared Photo Streams

What do I need to use Shared Photo Streams?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5903

To use Shared Photo Streams, you need an iCloud account, compatible devices, and the following software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 to 6.1.4
  • Mac with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later and iPhoto 9.4 to 9.4.3 or Aperture 3.4 to 3.4.5
  • PC with Windows 7 or later and the iCloud Control Panel 2.1 or later for Windows
  • Apple TV (2nd generation) with Apple TV Software Update 5.1 or later

And if you have selected the Public Website option when setting up your shared stream, your friends and family can view your photos from any current web browser using a link that you provide.

Regards

Léonie

Photostream Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.