Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my music gone????

I unauthorized all the other computers and then authorized my computer all under the same account. All the music on my account is gone now. Can someone help me as soon as possible?! I had like 200 songs too so I want my music back. Thank you!

iTunes Music for a Windows 8 laptop-OTHER, Windows 8, I have iTunes 11.

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 8:50 PM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2014 1:49 PM in response to diesel vdub

That is all that happened! When I first downloaded iTunes (this is a new computer) I had the option of downloading all the songs and when I tried, it said I had to authorize my computer. There was 5 computers authorized, but we do not use them anymore, so I unauthorized all of them. I then authorized my computer, and all of the music on my library was gone! I had recently bought the Ed Sheeran album, and I checked on the iTunes store and it said I still had it. Thank you for taking your time to help me!!

Jan 3, 2014 2:08 PM in response to lionliam44

Installing iTunes does not magically cause content to appear on the computer.

Copy the ENTIRE iTunes folder from the old computer to the new computer.

Launch iTunes.

Everything in iTunes will be exactly as it was on the old computer.

This does not negate the need to authorize the computer. If you have reached the maximum number of computers authorized, de-authorize all and then authorize only those that you physically have.

Why is my music gone????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.