Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install ibooks on the ipad1?

Just picked up an ipad air. Gave my (completely reset) ipad 1 to my spouse. She would like to install ibooks but the app store only has the ios7 version available. Where can I direct her to get an installable ibooks app for the first gen ipad?

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 9:21 PM

In reading through the prior questions I just read that once an app(or in this case a prior version of an app) is taken out of the itunes store it is no longer available. I was hoping that there was an archive of (installable) apps for the older devices but I guess there isn't one. Hopefully I can find another book reader app that will still work on ios5.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2014 9:21 PM in response to Lucian Pon

In reading through the prior questions I just read that once an app(or in this case a prior version of an app) is taken out of the itunes store it is no longer available. I was hoping that there was an archive of (installable) apps for the older devices but I guess there isn't one. Hopefully I can find another book reader app that will still work on ios5.

How can I install ibooks on the ipad1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.