Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I blocked a number on my iPhone however I still receive messages from said number that deliver to my iMessage on my computer. How can I block that number altogether?

I am trying to altogether block a number from my iphone and computer, as I recieve messages on both devices. It seemed to have blocked on my phone but I still recieve messages from the blocked number that delivers to my computer. Help please! Thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 2:05 PM

The following from http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/09/iphone-call-block-faq/ indicates there currently isn't a way:

I get my iMessages on my Mac. Are those blocked too?

Nope. There’s currently no way to block someone from iMessaging your Mac — the iPhone block feature seems to be tied to the physical device, not your SIM, and not your Apple ID or iCloud account. This also means that even if you’ve associated email information with a blocked contact, the iPhone won’t block their emails.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2014 2:05 PM in response to sydney173

The following from http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/09/iphone-call-block-faq/ indicates there currently isn't a way:

I get my iMessages on my Mac. Are those blocked too?

Nope. There’s currently no way to block someone from iMessaging your Mac — the iPhone block feature seems to be tied to the physical device, not your SIM, and not your Apple ID or iCloud account. This also means that even if you’ve associated email information with a blocked contact, the iPhone won’t block their emails.

I blocked a number on my iPhone however I still receive messages from said number that deliver to my iMessage on my computer. How can I block that number altogether?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.