Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Transfer apple mail data to windows outlook 2013

Looking for a solution that will help me transfer all my data, from emails to address book and contacts from apple mail to outlook 2013 in windows system.

I have gone through Imap way of email, but there are some few thousand emails stored as archive and are not available on server. And via Imap I cannot export my contacts and address book. So how can I transfer all the data from mac to windows outlook 2013.

Please help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 10:35 PM

If both system are using the IMAP mail provider all you have to do is setup the connection to the mail server and all the emails and folders will be copied down to the windows computer. That is what IMAP is for. The mail stays on the server, and can be store on the local computer also, and when you connect to the server with another device, computer, phone or pad, all the mail with folders gets copied to the other device.

But I think some of your mail was gotten using POP so it is not longer on the server.

Or you have emails in local folder only and they would be on the server. But you can create folder on the server in one mail program, or on the mail web interface and then copy those emails into those folder on the server byt copying them in one of the email programs. Then when you log on with the other device all of them will be downloaded to the other device.

Other alternative:-

You can find various solutions on having a google search for your problem.

Or you can have a look at the following link: Apple mail to Outlook Windows

Hope this will help.

Thank you

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2014 10:35 PM in response to GRichmond

If both system are using the IMAP mail provider all you have to do is setup the connection to the mail server and all the emails and folders will be copied down to the windows computer. That is what IMAP is for. The mail stays on the server, and can be store on the local computer also, and when you connect to the server with another device, computer, phone or pad, all the mail with folders gets copied to the other device.

But I think some of your mail was gotten using POP so it is not longer on the server.

Or you have emails in local folder only and they would be on the server. But you can create folder on the server in one mail program, or on the mail web interface and then copy those emails into those folder on the server byt copying them in one of the email programs. Then when you log on with the other device all of them will be downloaded to the other device.

Other alternative:-

You can find various solutions on having a google search for your problem.

Or you can have a look at the following link: Apple mail to Outlook Windows

Hope this will help.

Thank you

May 15, 2014 4:28 AM in response to GRichmond

Thanks you all for discussing this thread, I too was a victim of email migration (migrating from apple mail to outlook in windows). Thanks to this thread I got Apple mail to pst converter Mac Version.

To look out for the best tool I downloaded both the version and performed a check in both. The mac version had an extra edge s it could directly access the apple mail data and there was no need to export or archive apple mail data. Possibly it took only three clicks to complete the coversion process and a few minutes.

Thanks once again for this thread.

Jan 18, 2015 10:58 PM in response to GRichmond

Apple Mail and Outlook mail both have different operating system. To use apple mail email account on Outlook mail account it is must to convert apple mail to Outlook file format. Apple Mail uses MBOX file format and Outlook uses PST file format to store user information. I would suggest user to go for professional Apple Mail to Outlook converter software. There are various software vendors providing professional Apple Mail to Outlook converter software. User can opt for Stellar Apple Mail to Outlook converter software for best results.

How to Transfer apple mail data to windows outlook 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.