Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with deleting 0 byte video mp4 file from iphone 5S

The issue happens when I tried to sync my iPhone 5s photo to iPhone on my Mac. The two 0 byte video file just cannot be sync and iphoto will prompt the error. "Error downloading image. Photo cannot import your photos because there was a problem downloading an image."

I try to use "Image Capture" on the mac to delete it as suggested by many users, but it did not allow me to select the 2 files at all. Could any guru kindly render their kind assistance to this problem. Thanks.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 4:59 PM

in case you ended up on this thread via web search (as I did today),

I'll post how I solved it when it happened to me.

the issue was caused by importing 3 months of camera roll using Image Capture (I do not use iPhoto anymore).

after importing all the items, I selected them all in the Image Capture window and clicked on "delete".

a few ghost files (video only) were left behind, all of them 0 Bytes.

tried disconnecting/restarting the device but the issue persisted.

no way to delete the video references from the mac.

had to go in camera roll and manually delete them all.

using "select' on the top right you can tap them and delete after they are all checked.

hope this helps someone 🙂

u.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2014 4:59 PM in response to bk_knight

in case you ended up on this thread via web search (as I did today),

I'll post how I solved it when it happened to me.

the issue was caused by importing 3 months of camera roll using Image Capture (I do not use iPhoto anymore).

after importing all the items, I selected them all in the Image Capture window and clicked on "delete".

a few ghost files (video only) were left behind, all of them 0 Bytes.

tried disconnecting/restarting the device but the issue persisted.

no way to delete the video references from the mac.

had to go in camera roll and manually delete them all.

using "select' on the top right you can tap them and delete after they are all checked.

hope this helps someone 🙂

u.

Issue with deleting 0 byte video mp4 file from iphone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.