Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is in a 'silent mode' and I can't figure out how to change it. I have an Iphone 5. I have tried the obvious - The Do Not Disturb is not on. My ringer is not turned down.

My phone is in a 'silent mode' and I can't figure out how to change it. I have tried the obvious - the Do Not Disturb is not on. The ringer is not turned down. I have an I Phone 5.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 6:09 AM

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2014 6:09 AM in response to APKelly

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

My phone is in a 'silent mode' and I can't figure out how to change it. I have an Iphone 5. I have tried the obvious - The Do Not Disturb is not on. My ringer is not turned down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.