Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT!

Because i'm a horrible sister, I accidently deleted all events (with nicely edited photos) in my sisters iPhoto library. They're nowhere to be found in the iPhoto trash. Restoring and repairing doesn't seem to work either.
PLEASE HELP!~

Also, edited videos on iMovie were deleted too.

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 6:38 AM

6 replies

Jan 3, 2014 8:10 AM in response to alienjelly

Go out and buy sis a new backup hard drive, don't use this system AT ALL until you have more backups.

grab a demo copy of Data Rescue 3

Another drive or partition on the backup drive, small 30GB and this will be to install a copy of Mac OS to work from.

Buy her a gift card for her favorite shopping store (shoes, bags, gotta be something) or a nice bottle of bubbly!

Jan 3, 2014 10:08 AM in response to alienjelly

When you delete album you do not delegte the actual photo, only it's pointer in the album. It's like iTunes' playlists. You have only 1 actual photo file (in the Event) but can have many alias versions in albums, books, etc. See the Note at the bottom.

Deleting Photos from an iPhoto Library

1 - from an Event or the Photos mode: select the photo(s) and use the Delete key to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the iPhoto Trash bin as follows:

User uploaded file

2 - from an album, smart album, book, slideshow, card, etc.: select the photo(s) and use the key combination of Command+Option+Delete to move the photos to the trash bin. Then empty the trash bin as above.

NOTE: deleting a photo from an album, slideshow, book, etc., with only the Delete key only deletes that photo from that item. Deleting a photo from an Event deletes ALL occurences of that photo in the library.

I second, third or whatever, the suggestion on getting an external HD (formatted OS X Extended (journaled) with ownership set to be ignored) and engaging a backup strategy ASAP.

OT

URGENT!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.