Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my Mac if it doesn't show up as a device in iCloud?

Hi! I have lost my Mac, and I think it might be stolen. I have tried to locate it through find my Mac, but the device does not show up in iCloud. Is there anyway I can still find it? I have tried a few different Apple-accounts to check for it, but all I've found so far is my iPad and iPod. Is there anyway to find out if I have another e-mail linked to Apple and my Mac, so that I can locate it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 7:00 AM

You can only locate, lock or erase your device when it is logged into iCloud and 'Find My Phone' is enabled, additionally the device will need to be switched on and connected to a wifi or cellular network.

Unfortunately, you cannot activate iCloud or 'Find My Phone' remotely.

3 replies

Jan 3, 2014 7:29 AM in response to Winston Churchill

My Mac was turned on when I lost it, and logged in as well, so it might be on a network whether someone just found it, or if it was stolen. It's likely that it is on a network, but I'm unsure as for whether iCloud is logged in to iCloud. I am going to check what Apple-accounts my iPod and iPad are using when I get home, and do a couple of more searches for my Mac then with those e-mails.

How can I find my Mac if it doesn't show up as a device in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.