Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to use Home Sharing on the same computer but on different users as instructions refer to different computers? I.e my husband & I share 1 laptop & have different log-ins, is it possible for me to share his library?

Is it possible to use Home Sharing on the same computer but on different users? All of the instructions seem to refer to different computers?

My husband & I share 1 laptop & have different log-ins, is it possible for me to share his library? We have set up home sharing but neither of our libraries are showing up on either of our itunes.

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 8:02 AM

2 replies

Jan 3, 2014 9:57 AM in response to tquinnlondon

No, you can't use Home Sharing for this as only one instance of iTunes can be running at a time. This can also make fast switching between users as if the first user doesn't close iTunes the second user cannot run it. You can however make it possible for either of you to see the media files stored in the other's profile by sharing the <User's Music> folders.

tt2

Jan 6, 2014 8:56 AM in response to turingtest2

Ok thank you. So itunes needs to be open for both people at the same time in order to share? I used to use homeshare when i was in a flatshare and could access libraries even if my flatmates were not in and their computers turned off so was hoping that it would also work on separate log-ins.

And given the above out only option would be for me to import the songs i want into my library using the source folder as the same that he stores his music in on the hard-drive?

Is it possible to use Home Sharing on the same computer but on different users as instructions refer to different computers? I.e my husband & I share 1 laptop & have different log-ins, is it possible for me to share his library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.