Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.1 Share Error -50

I've just completed a movie and have attempted to use the share feature several times without success. I have the options available via the dropdown menu - this is not a mackeeper issue as I've never installed that - but none of them will work. The youtube and email functions never process and the share to theater option gets all the way to the end and then results in a -50 video rendering error. any ideas how to circumvent this issue or another way to share/save out my movie?

FYI - I'm running OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 9:26 AM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2014 6:29 AM in response to MrVector

not sure if this will help others, as it seems like this is a common issue, but I was able to troubleshoot mine after a call with apple support.

turns out one of the clips in my movie wasn't exporting properly. it wasn't showing up as corrupt in the timeline (sometimes troublesome clips are highlighted red, this one wasn't), but I was able to figure out that it was the problem by copying my project and splitting it into pieces. by doing so, I was able to see which parts were exporting and which ones weren't, and then re-worked the problem section as the fix. I finally got it to work.

worth a try. you can do it in thirds and see if any of the sections export correctly. just make sure you're working off of a duplicated copy so you don't lose your work. godspeed.

iMovie 10.0.1 Share Error -50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.