Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync a project between my iPad and MacBook created with iPhoto

How do I sync a project created on my iPad using iPhoto with my MacBook?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 12:33 PM

See the different ways of sharing your photos: Ways to share photos

To get the photos from your iPad to your computer you have two options in iPhoto:

1. Send photos to iPhoto or Aperture on your computer

• Tap a photo, album, or event and tap User uploaded file > Camera Roll.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to import:
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap up to 100 photos, and tap Next.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
  • Tap Done.
  • Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  • Open iPhoto or Aperture, and import your photos from the Camera Roll on your device.

2. Save photos to your computer using iTunes

• Tap a photo, album, event, web journal, or slideshow and tap User uploaded file > iTunes.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to save (if you are saving a slideshow skip to step 4):
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap one or more photos, and tap Next.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
  • In iTunes, click the button for your device User uploaded file and click Apps at the top of the window.
  • Below File Sharing, select iPhoto (in Apps).
  • Select the Shared Photos folder under iPhoto Documents.
  • Click Save To and select the location on your computer where you want to save the items.
  • To view your photos, go to the Finder and look in the location you selected above.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2014 12:33 PM in response to lowemaine

See the different ways of sharing your photos: Ways to share photos

To get the photos from your iPad to your computer you have two options in iPhoto:

1. Send photos to iPhoto or Aperture on your computer

• Tap a photo, album, or event and tap User uploaded file > Camera Roll.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to import:
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap up to 100 photos, and tap Next.
  • Tap Done.
  • Open iPhoto or Aperture, and import your photos from the Camera Roll on your device.

2. Save photos to your computer using iTunes

• Tap a photo, album, event, web journal, or slideshow and tap User uploaded file > iTunes.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to save (if you are saving a slideshow skip to step 4):
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap one or more photos, and tap Next.
  • In iTunes, click the button for your device User uploaded file and click Apps at the top of the window.
  • Below File Sharing, select iPhoto (in Apps).
  • Select the Shared Photos folder under iPhoto Documents.
  • Click Save To and select the location on your computer where you want to save the items.
  • To view your photos, go to the Finder and look in the location you selected above.

Feb 23, 2014 7:30 AM in response to opdenbosch

I don't think you understood the quesstion. lowemaine was asking about syncing a "Project" created with iPhoto. A project could be a calendar or a book.

This has been some time ago, but I think I listed all sharing options in my answer.

The sad thruth is, there is no way to sync "projects" from an iOS device to the Mac. You can only "Share" to Flickr, etc.

If you created a book on your iPad, the only sharing option is to buy the printed book. See above.

If you want the book on your mac, send the photos in the book album to your Mac and recreate the book on your mac.

For other projects (Journals, slideshows) you could try to publish them as webpage and download the webpage on your mac.

It is easy to get photos and albums fromm your mac to the devices, but there are not (yet) many options for the way back to your mac.

-- Léonie

Feb 25, 2014 9:15 AM in response to opdenbosch

Thanks for clarifying my question for me, Opdenbosch. That is correct. I created a book on my iPad using the iPhoto app and wanted to sync it to my MacBook where it would be easier for me to edit it.

Your answers Leonie and Old Toad answered my question, but didn't solve my problem. Maybe Apple can create the commonality. I will send the request to Apple using your link, Old Toad.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

How do I sync a project between my iPad and MacBook created with iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.