Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crash iphone 5s

iphone 5s reboots by itself suddenly

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 12:14 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM in response to angelokekka

Reset won't help. I have the same problem on my iPhone 5S even though I completely reset it and reinstalled everything 2 weeks ago, blowing a valuable weekend. (Following an Apple genius recommendation) My iPhone 5S often hot-reboots/shows the silver apple on black background when I simply wake it from sleep or use the fingerprint sensor (which anyways only works about half of the time). Instead of logging me in, it often reboots. Of note, this reboot is faster than a real reboot. Also, the frequency of this happening has increased with time over the past 2 weeks (as it had done before I reset the device). Yesterday, it rebooted when I tried logging in 2 times in a row. The reboot also often happens when opening Mail, Safari or other software. BIG shame on Aple for making customers pay dearly for a faulty device and flawed OS. (At least screen background moves and combined with low contrast and thin fonts this makes content almost unreadable). Two questions: 1. Will Apple reimburse us not only for the flawed device, but also for wasted time? 2. Who will file a class action lawsuit against Apple? Imagine you rely on your iPhone to make emergency calls and instead of calling the police, it reboots.

Mar 7, 2014 8:27 AM in response to angelokekka

It's an error with the software that they're refusing to recognize. I brought mine into the Genius Bar and they acted like I was crazy and restored it. But I saw an article on some tech site acknowledging the problem. Though since my phone is under applecare warranty, I was told they would swap it out if it continues (which it has.) Not sure that a new phone would solve the problem though.

crash iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.