Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a text title to a silent cutaway clip insert?

Need to add several insert clips to a project while the audio from the main clip goes on in the background. The inserts need some sort of text ID but I can't figure out how to add a title to them. I even tried making each insert a separate movie project so I could add the titles, but then can't seem to bring them into my main iMovie project. Thanks for any tips.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), new iMovie 10.0.1 for iMac

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 2:07 PM

Placing a cutaway clip above a clip in the timeline will not affect the audio from the clip below. You can add a title above the cutaway clip. If however you change the cutaway to a picture in picture the title will be positioned in the main clip, not the cutaway clip.

I don't know if this helps,

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2014 2:07 PM in response to ElKayNY

Placing a cutaway clip above a clip in the timeline will not affect the audio from the clip below. You can add a title above the cutaway clip. If however you change the cutaway to a picture in picture the title will be positioned in the main clip, not the cutaway clip.

I don't know if this helps,

Geoff.

How do I add a text title to a silent cutaway clip insert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.