Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad automatically rebooting

Anyone else have issues with the iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina Display randomly rebooting? Note, this is not a battery issue.. Will be using Safari to browse or any other program and it will randomly go dark and have the Apple logo appear.. Almost like it's crashing.

It's not to frequent, just happens from time to time..

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 2:05 PM

6 replies

Jul 8, 2014 2:50 PM in response to Michael00

yes my ipad reboots every minute no matter what i do - it has a virus installed by hackers i think

i received an email masquerading as from Apple Security, informing me my account has been frozen and that i need to verify security information. Stupidly (it was 5am in my defence!) i opened the email and was directed to what looked like a legit Apple web page, with and apple.com URL etc asking me for bank, address and credit card info. i realised it was a fraud, but it seems to have killed my Ipad which now shuts down automatically every minute. i have done a factory reset on the ipad and it still shuts down automatically. so off the the apple store to get it fixed.

here is the email, if you receive it, delete it, it is fraud (obvious to most of you i suspect). i know i should have looked at the sender address before clicking on the link so don't berate me please i am just trying to help others. hopefully apple will find these people...

Date: 7 July 2014 07:22:06 CEST

To: "Mr. Lawrence Hunt"

Subject: [SUSPECTED SPAM] About your Apple account

Reply-To: <>

Dear Mr. Lawrence Hunt ,
This is an automatic message sent by our security system to let you know that you have 48 hours to confirm your account information.

Your itunes account has been frozen because we are unable to validate your account information.

Once you have updated your account records, we will try again to validate your information and your account suspension will be lifted.

This will help protect your account in the future. This process does not take more than 3 minutes.

To proceed to confirm your account details please click on the link below and follow the instructions.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Your sincerely,

Apple Security Department

© 2013 Apple.com All rights reserved.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Jul 8, 2014 2:49 PM in response to orence1966

There is no known malware capable of infecting an iPad that has not been jailbroken (ie, hacked to allow apps from outside the App Store). The e-mail you received is a phishing e-mail only... it cannot infect your iPad, and that is not its goal. Its goal is to trick you into clicking the link and providing whatever information is requested.

The problem with shutting down can be nothing more than a coincidental hardware issue, since you've already performed a factory reset without solving the problem. You'll need to contact Apple for repairs or replacement.

iPad automatically rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.