Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer photos into iCloud

How do I transfer all my photos,emails and music into the icloud? I purchased extra storage since my iphone is at capacity but do not know how to activate or transfer to the icloud. Please advise.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 3:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 3, 2014 3:59 PM in response to hjghjfg

You can't use iCloud to expland the storage space on your phone. iCloud will sync data to your other devices, but will not allow you to transfer data from your phone to iCloud to free up space. The only exception to this is music if you subscribe to iTunes Match. If you did, your music library could be accessed through iCloud rather than having to store it all on your phone (see http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/).

To free up space on your phone you'll have to delete or sync data off your phone.

If you purchased the extra space in the last 15 days thinking it would free up space on your phone, you can contact the Apple online store at the number on the bottom of this page for a refund.

how to transfer photos into iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.