Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my MAC play HDCP movies?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 3:50 PM

8 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:25 AM in response to qkstrt

If the video connection supports HDCP it should work - my Samsung monitor will playback DRM iTunes material from a Mac Mini or Mac Pro over HDMI/DVI.

A Mac with an in-built monitor should work fine, though Airplay mirroring to an AppleTV might fail if that's what anyone's wondering about. Best to pull the stream to AppleTV using Home Sharing and Computers menu.

Aug 2, 2015 1:02 PM in response to qkstrt

Hi, I found on another forum a solution that worked for me :

I simply changed the resolution… then changed it back to its default value.

I can now play my iTunes movies content again.

PS. It seems that they are still some issues with the 5k screen driver, on my first resolution change I had a black screen with only a mouse and had to force a reboot.

Aug 3, 2015 3:04 AM in response to iW00

Sure, I use Apple native screen sharing and Skype before but none of them where active at the time.

I also didn’t used them in-between the two movies when the problem occurred.

The only thing I installed was VLC, but it was not launched while I was trying to read the second movie and I didn’t do anything apart from changing the screen resolution, rebooting and changing it back to its original state.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.