Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse won't click, but tracks, scrolls, and gestures

Locks touchpad into same behavior, no clicking but allows scroll, movement and gesture.

Disconnecting resolves problem, touchpad resumes expected behavior.

Tried resetting PRAM.

Tried removing com.Apple.Bluetooth.plist file

Tried various on/off laptop combos

History:

Mouse connected properly for a few minutes, until I enabled "secondary click". I can't find a way to revert it yet.

Idea: I need the terminal command for disabling secondary clicks on bluetooth mouse preferences.

Magic Mouse-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 5:06 PM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2014 12:54 PM in response to nerdydork

In Finder hold down the option/alt key while selecting the Go menu item. Select Library. Then go to Preferences. Move the com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist to your desktop.

Re-launch by logging out/in and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer ones.

Jan 5, 2014 3:30 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, I've tried your suggestion.

After logging back in, a new .plist was not created, so there is nothing to overwrite if I return the moved .plist file back to the preferences folder. And the magic mouse still doesn't click.

How do I ensure a new .plist is created? A new .plist for bluetooth settings hasnt been replaced either, since I tried removing it as well from preferences.

Magic Mouse won't click, but tracks, scrolls, and gestures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.