Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my music library in iCloud? What a convoluted system? If I rip CDs in ALAC are they stored "somewhere" in the iCloud in that format?

Where is my music library in iCloud? What a convoluted system? I have iTunes match. If I rip CDs in ALAC are they stored "somewhere" in the iCloud in that format? Why can't you see your music library in the iCloud website?

iTunes, iCloud-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 7:09 PM

5 replies

Jan 3, 2014 7:27 PM in response to Csound1

Thanks, but like I said it's very convoluted. When you renew your iTunes match subscription you recieve a standard reply that "Your entire music collection is available from iCloud on your iOS devices....". You should be able to go into iCloud and see edit your music. So if it's stored in ALAC format then when you play back via iPAD does it downgrade the playback quality? thanks

Jan 3, 2014 8:18 PM in response to Csound1

It's not a good system. When I re-rip a CD, iTunes shows both versions but does not discriminate the format. you can muck around in your music folder to delete the poorer quality version or replace when you input, but iTunes still shows both versions without designating the format. If you could actually see the files in iCloud and edit/delete them things would be transparent.

Where is my music library in iCloud? What a convoluted system? If I rip CDs in ALAC are they stored "somewhere" in the iCloud in that format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.